SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

July 2006

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:56:27 -0500
Hello,
As we start gearing up for the development cycle of Scientific Linux 5,
I wanted to put out a call for graphic's.

What is needed/wanted:
Logo
Grub spash page
Graphical Login Page/Theme
Desktop Background
Installer pictures (Maybe, if the installer uses pictures)

What Licence:
These have to be either licensed GPL or an equivilant Creative Commons
license.

What format:
They need to be in a format that they can be worked with on Scientific
Linux.  That means that if something is done in Inkscape, Adbode, or
whatever the program is, they must be converted to a more conventional
form, such as png, jpeg, gif, or gimp's format.  If you want to submit
the original format as well, that is fine, as long as you also have the
converted form with it.

What theme:
Scientific Linux 5.x will be named Boron
It's the fifth atom in the periodic chart.

Hints:
Nothing with hats.
Do not use someone elses work and/or graphics without their permission.

Many Thanks
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468