SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

July 2006

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:09:50 +0100
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Jaroslaw Polok wrote:

>>  Is anyone already looking at this, and of so is there anything I can do to
>>  help?
>
> Yes, I did for our CERN update, here are the changes needed:
>
> 1. in SOURCES/firefox-mozconfig*:
>
> change --enable-pango to --disable-pango

I'm trying to decide if upgrading to a new-enough pango would be better
(e.g. lifting the pango-1.6 from SL4x).  Given that ffox 1.0.8 is linked
against the pango 1.2 in SL3 I don't know if users will object to losing
internationalized text support...

What (if any) functionality does one actually lose by disabling pango?

> 2. in firefox.spec:
>
>  change desktop-utils define from 0.9 to 0.3,
>  comment out scripts in post and postun sections.
>  change requires to freetype-devel >= 2.1.4
>  change requires to XFree86-devel instead of xorg-x11-devel

Yup those look like what I just started with (based on the previous
changes for ffox 1.0.8)...

I guess that somewhere there are some 'default' bookmarks/homepages to be
hacked as well to remove any references to the Vendor... (not that I've
looked very closely yet).

  -- Jon