SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

July 2006

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:37:17 +0100
For EL4 the Upsteam Vendor has now released updates to update ffox and
tbird to 1.5.x.  Has anyone (yet) tried to build these for SL3x (I'm
assuming that the build for SL4x will work pretty cleanly)...

For 1.0.8 the set of changes in the specfile(s) to build on SL3x looks
fairly simple, but my last attempts to build ffox 1.5.x all met with
failures (due to a huge number of dependencies on packages/features we
don't have).

Is anyone already looking at this, and of so is there anything I can do to
help?

  -- Jon