SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2006

From:
Dushan Mitrovich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dushan Mitrovich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:42:43 -0700
I tried to send msg this from SL using thunderbird, but have not seen it
- or much of anything, come to think of it, for the last several days -
show up on the list, so I'm re-sending it.

I finally got SL 4.2 installed, and the video working, on my stand-alone
workstation.  And KPPP does work to connect to the I'net, but to do so
requires root privileges.  I'd like to change this so that KPPP will also
work for me as a non-root user, without having to enter the password
every time, but so far haven't been able to figure out what needs to be
modified.  Suggestions/intructions would be much appreciated.

- Dushan Mitrovich