SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2006

From:
Sergio Ballestrero <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sergio Ballestrero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 17:52:40 +0200
Hi,
I was trying to yum-upgrade from SL41 to SL43, and it looks like the
43/i386/SL/RPMS/repodata/primary.xml.gz is not updated:
a number of packages fail the checksum test by yum (dump, gamin, rmt,
evolution-data-server, etc) with the "Package does not match checksum".
I have a local mirror, so I managed to make it work by running
createrepo, but others may have more of a problem.

Cheers,
   Sergio

  Don't use Word DOC files - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument
Sergio Ballestrero  - Physics Dept. - University of the Witwatersrand
  Mobile : +27 82 3931580                Office : +27 11 351 7022
  Fax    : +27 11 351 7053               Skype  : sergio.ballestrero
  Email : [log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask]

This communication is intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the permission of the University. Only authorized signatories are competent to enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in writing to the contrary.