SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2006

Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:17:32 +0800
Hi, I am very glad to been here.

At the moment, I am a newbie in using Scientific Linux. My Linux is Scientific Linux 4.3 for X86_64. I just got it before a weeks ago and I had installed it. Here are some prolems of mine.

1. I can't mount all my ntfs partition due to the kernal doesn't support it. I had found some resolution in Internet. For example, I want to use the rpms which found in  http://www.linux-ntfs.org/. But I can;t found the right version for the kernal. When I use the command "uname -a" to investigate the version, it shows should be 2.6.9-34 EL, when I got the corresponding rpms, it doesn't work for me and informed me that I had a wrong kernal version. So, anybody can help me to mount the NTFS partition . Thank you.

2. I also have a problem in monitor. My desktop is not in the center of my monitor. It a little towards right down. And how to adjust it or what is the reson for that?? Thank you again.

Thanks a lot again.

Ding Xiaobin
2006-06-15