SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2006

From:
Axel Thimm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 10:02:55 +0200
On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 03:10:15PM +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 10:22:31AM +0000, John Rowe wrote:
> > Does anybody know of a good movie player for SL4? I'm have a request
> > from one of my astronomers and when I ask "what format?" he says all of
> > them! I have xanim and trying to install an mplayer RPM gives a millions
> > complaints about missing libraries and so on.
>
> Maybe a bit off-topic to the original subject, but I'm currently
> working on some 3D visualisation stuff for some DFT calculations, and
> am packaging up various stuff like vtk, opendx and the like. Is there
> any interest among the users here in these bits?

There are vtk rpms for several distros at http://atrpms.net/name/vtk/

These will still need some love, most specifically with subpackaging
(it's a big fat package right now), but before I cut it into the wrong
sized pieces, I'll better gain some more experience with it. Any
feedback is welcomed, if it's in form of bug reports or patches,
please use bugzilla.atrpms.net.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net