SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2006

From:
Steve Traylen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Traylen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 11:15:12 +0100
On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 03:31:11PM -0400 or thereabouts, Luke Scharf wrote:
> Paul A. Rombouts wrote:
>
> > Troy,
> >
> > I have built new fuse and fuse-sshfs packages for the SL 4x contrib
> > directory based on the latest fedora-extras src rpms
> > fuse-2.5.3-1.fc4.src.rpm and fuse-sshfs-1.6-2.fc4.src.rpm
> > The new packages are available at my web directory:
> >
> >   http://www.phys.uu.nl/~rombouts/fuse/
> >
> Is this related to http://shfs.sourceforge.net -- or another project
> trying to do the same thing?
>
> In either case, one of my tasks for the next week is to test these kinds
> of solutions for maturity.  I'm rather excited about the possibilities!

The result  is the same in that you can mount a filesystem over an ssh
login but the techniques are different. shfs does this and only this.

fuse is plugable system for mounting things in userspace. So there exists
an over ssh module to do what you want but for instance there are also
modules for ftp, gridftp and even an ntfs that uses the native windows
drivers.

Steve

--
Steve Traylen