SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2006

Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 17:45:01 -0500
I wonder if this is the problem I had.  The symptoms sound vaguely familiar.
The fix is the following:  You have to limit the number of authentication
methods.  My solution is

PreferredAuthentications gssapi-with-mic,publickey,password

for the client config.  There is a limit on the attempts the sshd server
will entertain before it closes down the connection.  I believe it's in
the neighborhood of 4 or 5 attempts.  And, adding the kerberos auth seems
to generate multiple attempts.

Try it.  I suspect it is the same problem.

Ken