SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2006

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 10:57:04 -0500
Stephan Wiesand wrote:
> Hi Troy,
>
> a colleague recently came up with a Tweak I've put up here:
>
> http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/~wiesand/SL3/DL_thunderbird-0-1.src.rpm
>
> Turning it into an SL_... rpm should be quite simple.
>
> Cheers,
>     Stephan

Looks like a good start.  It doesn't do the https or ftp.  I think I can
figure those out fairly easily, I'll give it a try.
I think https should definatly be done if we're changing http.  Does
anyone object to ftp going to firefox as well?

For those that are wondering, to set this up they first create a xml
file with everything setup.  The rpm installs the file to

   /etc/gconf/schemas/DL_thunderbird_url_handlers.schemas

and then runs the following

export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule
%_sysconfdir/gconf/schemas/DL_thunderbird_url_handlers.schemas > /dev/null

We'll have to change it to SL instead of DL, and I think change the name
to something more descriptive like SL_thunderbird_url_handlers, but it
should work.
If anyone has comments, let me know, or else I'm going to try to get
this into S.L. 3.0.7.
Thanks
Troy

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468