SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2006

From:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 16:04:44 +0200
Hi,

There is even an other possibility (not using gconfig) to set the
default browser for thunderbird:

Quit thunderbird and add the following line to your prefs.js of thunderbird:

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/firefox");

You will find the file prefs.js in your .thunderbird folder for your
profile (the .thunderbird folder is in your home directory):

# find ~/.thunderbird -name prefs.js. Normally something like
~/.thunderbird/xxxyyyzzz.default/prefs.js.

This solution is taken from the PSI FAQ Linux page ;-)
http://ait.web.psi.ch/services/linux_new/faq/#Applications10

You can also add the above line to
/usr/lib/thunderbird-1.0.8/defaults/profile/prefs.js to change it
globally and the user can still overwrite the setting in his own
prefs.js (not tested!).

Regards,

    Urs