SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2006

From:
"Bly, MJ (Martin)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bly, MJ (Martin)
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2006 22:17:12 +0100
This may not help much but...

I'm guessing you installed off CDs/DVD?  If so, it may be that although the system recognises that you have a 5752 chip it can't drive it because the tg3 driver doesn't support it - thus it wasn't configured.  There are various notes (google) that indicate problems for and kernel patches needed to get the 5752 working.  It's possible these are not in the 'Upstream Vendor's' kernel yet (don't have a SL4.3 system to hand to check).   I've seen similar behaviour with newer Intel Pci-E chips.   So if you do hand config the ifcfg-eth0 file, it may not work.

Of course if you installed of the net using the 5752 interface then I can't explain why the install didn't configure it.

M.

--
  Martin Bly    |   RAL Tier1 Systems Team
  T: +44|0 1235 446981 F: +44|0 1235 446626