SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2006

From:
John Rowe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Rowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2006 20:04:38 +0100
First, thanks for the 43 release, my first upgrade seems to have gone
flawlessly..

My first bare-metal install has gone just like a previous 42 install.
The situation is

* Everything is a RAID1 mirror. There's about 25 GB of system filesystem
and 130 GB of home space.

* The installation goes flawlessly and takes ~10 minutes.

* On reboot grub just isn't there. There's no attempt to boot off any
disk.

* Booting off a rescue disk and running grub:
	root (hd0,0)
	setup (hd0)
  fixes everything.

Has anybody else seen this? My working hypothesis is that the RAID
arrays hadn't finished syncing.

Thanks

John