SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2006

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 08:42:01 -0500
John Franks wrote:
> I am trying 4.3 rc 2.5.  So far so good.
>
> But what is the difference between the SL/RPMS/openssh*rpm packages
> and the contrib/RPMS/openssh*rpm packages?
>
> More generally are there descriptions/documentation for the packages
> in the contrib hierarchy?
>

> John Franks

Hi John,
We have tried to put a README file into each of the contrib directories.
  This doesn't make these documents viewable via yum, but you can go
into each directory and look at the README's.
Hopefully in the future we will have a contrib area on the web site,
both for end users to see what and why packages are in there, and a
section for developers to comment and vote on packages they wish to see
make it into the mail release.  But that is currently farther down on my
priority lists.

Anyway, to answer your question, you can read the README here

ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/43/i386/contrib/RPMS/openssh/README

which says
----------
These versions of openssh have been patched to be able to use
both the old and the new versions of gssapi.  This allows them
to do kerberos authentication with both kerberized openssh before
openssh 3.9, and after openssh 3.9

Do note that in order to patch these, that the selinux patch had to be
be taken out.

Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468