SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2006

From:
Mark Whidby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Whidby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:35:44 +0100
Hi,
I'm new to SL so I may be doing something wrong, but a newly installed
machine of mine is showing that there are updates available for firefox,
openmotif and openmotif21. However, running 'yum update' says there are
no packages marked for update. Looking at:

ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/4x/x86_64/errata/SL/RPMS/repodata/index.html

shows the most recent errata being for sendmail on 22nd March. It looks
as though the repodata is not showing what it should do. The
corresponding URL for i386 architecture does show the openmotif (and
freedradius) errata for 4th April but not the recent firefox erratum.
Is there something not getting updated?

--
Mark Whidby
Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences