SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2006

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 20:53:40 +1000
Hi,

I'm in the process of configuring Gallery2 on an SL42 environment, and the
following line from their configuration process worries me:

************
Version
ImageMagick 6.0.7

Warning: This version of ImageMagick has a known vulnerability that can be
exploited to cause infinite loops. You may wish to upgrade. This determination
may be inaccurate for Debian.

They reference the link:

http://nvd.nist.gov/nvd.cfm?cvename=CVE-2005-1739

which shows that this is remotely exploitable.

Would the upstream vendor have backported fixes for this problem in 6.0.7?

Thanks.

Michael.