SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2006

From:
"Aldo F. Saavedra" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aldo F. Saavedra
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 00:38:35 +0100
Hi Mike,

I just wanted to let you know that I did fixed my problem with the gpib
card.

The driver that I've got working was the linux-gpib card driver 3.1
which is for kernel version 2.4  (http://linux-gpib.sourceforge.net/).

The original problem I was having was that the driver would not compile
with in my linux 2.4.21-37-ELsmp. It complained that something in the
kernel headers was not defined when included
linux-gpib-3.1.101/driver/include/nec7020.h

If you download the src of the kernel (yum -install kernel-source)
you can see lots of drivers which compile without any problems.
(I had to learn how all of that worked)
I figured out that the file linux-gpib-3.1.101/driver/include/nec7020.h
was missing

#include <linux/module.h>
#include <linux/kernel.h>
#include <linux/sched.h>

before
#include <linux/types.h>

Once I include them.. the driver compiled and I was able to continue
with the instruction listed in the INSTALL file found in the linux-gpib
tarball and talk to my gpib devices.

I guess since the last time the driver was updated (2004) something
changed in the kernel 2.4. I hope that helps you.

Cheers,
Aldo

--
Aldo F. Saavedra