SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2006

From:
Luke Scharf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luke Scharf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 21:30:47 -0400
You know the capabilities of your monitor, right?  If so, there are a
bunch of "generic" monitors that you can select -- for instance, I often
pick "Generic CRT Display"  and then the resolution you want.  If you
want to run a higher refresh rate then the default, then you might need
to tweak it a bit -- I'll often pick "monitor 1600x1200" and then run it
at "1280x1024" so that it runs at a higher refresh rate.

 Also, most LCDs run best at a 60hz refresh rate, so they have a
seperate (but similar) section for LCDs.

I hope this helps!

-Luke