SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2006

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:22:16 -0500
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Lars Wilke wrote:

> Hm, speaking with myself ...
>
> * Lars Wilke wrote:
> > The setup and customization was straight forward but after generating
> > ISO images and booting from these i get the normal behaviour of booting
> > scientific linux. My customization in the isolinux directory under
> > sites/<mysite>/build/ are ignored. Though the README states that i should
>
> I found the problem. The cd generating script references files which i
> named different. isolinux.cfg.iso but mine is isolinux.cfg etc.

This is to allow for a different isolinux.cfg.iso for the full cd set.

I will revisit the documentation to make this clearer.

> > While we are at it. I'd like to use only one cd for the iso images.
> > Is it enough to change the make.cdisos.sh script?

I will get back with on this one as it is more complicated than just
changing the make.cdisos.sh script.

> Yepp, that works quite well. Just ripped the script appart.
> BTW. i stumbled over quite a lot problems with $ARCH beeing used in the path.
> Though these paths were not created in the earlier steps of assembling the
> sites/<mysite> dir. Some legacy stuff i guess :)

Will research.

> But now i have a new problem. The CD boots fine and everything but when the
> loader (?) is trying to load my kickstart config it complains that the
> used cdrom is not a Scientific Linux CD?
> Hmpf, i really have no clue atm where to fix that.

Where does your kickstart expect to find the release at?

> cheers
>
>    --lars

-Connie Sieh