SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2006

From:
Luke Scharf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luke Scharf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:47:11 -0500
Connie Sieh wrote:

>Seems so.  You could put in a excludes=yum* in /etc/yum.repo.d/dag.repo to
>"hide" it.

I've had to do this to a couple of machines today.

Oddly, they're machines that have been built in the last couple of days
-- machines that I built last week, off of the same set of CDs installed
the new version of yum without any problem.

Weirdness.  However, I've got bigger issues, so excluding yum and using
SL4's version of yum seems like a reasonable workaround until the
provider sorts it out.

Also, excluding ipw2200-firmware seems like a good idea, since, as of
this morning, it's signature wasn't accepted.  I recommend running "rpm
--import rpm --import
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.dag.txt" and adding
"gpgcheck=1" to the dag section.

-Luke

--
Luke Scharf, Systems Administrator
Virginia Tech Aerospace and Ocean Engineering