SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2006

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:25:59 -0600
Ioannis Vranos wrote:
>  >

>>> What version of yumex is this ?
>>

>> [root@localhost download]# rpm -qa |grep yumex
>> yumex-applet-2.1-2.i386
>> yumex-0.42-9.0.SL.noarch
>>
>> [root@localhost download]#
>>

>> The problem appeared when it was downloading the "filelists.xml.gz"
>> files. yumex was redownloading them over and over again. Had tried a
>> "yum clean all" too.
>>

>> However it looks like the problem has been fixed now. yumex works OK now.
>

> Actually it looks like that they removed these files from server. In the
> screenshot attached, it looks like the files section of some
> repositories' rpms is empty.

Hi,
It looks like you were accessing while the dag repository was updating.
    The dag repository was the only one that had updates last night, but
it looks like it took a while.  (Like hours instead of minutes)
I'll look into getting a better place to mirror dag from, not only so we
don't keep having problems like this, but also because the place I'm
mirroring from must be really overloaded.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468