SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2006

From:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:54:46 +0200
Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Ioannis Vranos wrote:
>
>> OS: SL 4.2
>>

>> Today I am trying to use yumex, and it looks like it is falling in a
>> never-ending loop or something when downloading the server files, it
>> looks like the server is continuously updating its files, or the files
>> are corrupted or something.
>>

> What version of yumex is this ?

[root@localhost download]# rpm -qa |grep yumex
yumex-applet-2.1-2.i386
yumex-0.42-9.0.SL.noarch

[root@localhost download]#

The problem appeared when it was downloading the "filelists.xml.gz" files. yumex was
redownloading them over and over again. Had tried a "yum clean all" too.

However it looks like the problem has been fixed now. yumex works OK now.