SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2006

From:
"Hoffmann, Tony" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hoffmann, Tony
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 16:40:03 -0500
I was under the impression that most issues with XFS and stacks came up
when stacking it up with MD and LVM.  There is a patch to serialize call
chains such as XFS->LVM->MD, but I don't know if Redhat as added it
to their distributed kernel.

SGI does have a test source rpm in ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/testing/RHEL4/
for 2.6.9-22.EL.  This does also build properly against 2.6.9-22.0.1.EL.  It
looks like it put together sometime in Nov2005 so should be pretty representitive
of the current state of XFS development.

Tony Hoffmann | Tel/Tél: (250) 493-2277 | Fax: (250) 493-7767
National Research Council Canada | P.O. Box 248, Penticton BC V2A 6J9
Conseil national de recherches Canada | B.P. 248, Penticton (C.-B.) V2A 6J9