SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2006

From:
Karl Misselt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karl Misselt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:01:04 -0700
Hi - I have a user running SL4.2 with KDE, previously running FC3.
He's trying to change encoding in the konsole to use eastern European
character sets (ISO-8859-2).  He's unable to change the encoding -
previously (with FC3), he was able to use the konsole menu and select
Setting -> Set Encoding and select the new encoding.  He can't find that
option anymore and is wondering how to set it. Not being familiar
with KDE, I can only stare at him dumbly when he asks how to do this
under konsole.  Any European KDE users know how to switch the encoding?
-K

| Karl A. Misselt                             Office: Steward 254  |
| Steward Observatory                          Phone: 520-626-0196 |
| University of Arizona                          FAX: 520-621-9555 |
| Tucson, AZ 85721-0065                     [log in to unmask] |
|   "If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the  |
|    face, you should go home and examine your conscience."        |
|    -- Woodrow Wilson                                             |