SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2006

From:
"Paul A. Rombouts" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul A. Rombouts
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:51:04 +0100
Hi Troy,

OK, I've added a README.txt describing the packages to the download
directory. I've also added a README.sl to the fuse rpm with some
technical notes about the kernel-module package.

I've signed all the packages and put a copy of my public GPG key in the
directory.

I have some additional questions:

The kernel-module package needs to be rebuilt every time the kernel is
updated. Is this the responsibility of the contributor, or do you guys
have some kind of system for automatically rebuilding these kinds of
packages?

I have noticed that the new yum versions have a facility for recognizing
how kernel-module packages relate to the kernel packages. What do you
have to add to the spec file to ensure that yum properly recognizes this
relationship?

I have had a look at some of packages on offer in the contrib directory
(ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/4x/i386/contrib/) but
when I compared the RPMS directory with the SRPMS directory is appears
the latter directory is incomplete. I also found it a bit strange that
the SRPMS directory has another SRPMS subdirectory.

--
Paul Rombouts