SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2006

From:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 00:44:37 -0500
Troy Dawson wrote:

>  On the flip side, we ARE able to actually have that documentation in
>  our distribution. You'll find the release notes in
>  /usr/share/doc/sl-release-<release>/
>
>  If you want to install the manuals, do a yum list rhel\* figure out
>  which one you want and install it.
>
>  Troy

Thanks for the info, due to my short term memory I always like to
install the manuals. There are some great examples in there, that the
man pages tend to leave out. RH has some quirks, I have been bitten by
blindly editing configs... only to find the redhat-config-applets are
reading something else in /etc/sysconfig. Might be a good tip for the
FAQs? -Art@JAX