SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2006

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 11:00:16 -0600
There are two possibilities that I see, there may be others.

First - You have firewall turned on enough that it isn't working with
kerberos.  But to be honest, I thought that in S.L. 4.x the firewall was
working good enough that that isn't a problem.
Or, there might be a firewall somewhere between you and the Fermilab KDC's.

Second - You have java's kinit in your path somewhere.  Do a
   which kinit
to see which one you are really using.

Troy

Alex Finch wrote:
>  Does any one have an idea why kinit does not work on SL 4.2 but does
> on  3.0.3? On 4.2 it just hangs, putting -V gives no output.
>

> I have the same configuration file in /etc/krb5.conf on both machines
> which I append here. I got it from a D0 colleague and it has worked ok
> for a few years.
>

> # krb5conf v1_5 with afs on node d-002577dcg.dhcp.fnal.gov automatic
> update 31Aug2001
> ###
> ### This krb5.conf template is intended for use with Fermi
> ### Kerberos v1_2 and later.  Earlier versions may choke on the
> ### "auth_to_local = " lines unless they are commented out.
> ### The installation process should do all the right things in
> ### any case, but if you are reading this and haven't updated
> ### your kerberos product to v1_2 or later, you really should!
> ###
> [libdefaults]
>     ticket_lifetime = 1560
>     default_realm = FNAL.GOV
>     checksum_type = 1
>     ccache_type = 2
>     default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
>     default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
>
> [realms]
>     PILOT.FNAL.GOV = {
>         kdc = krb-pilot-1.fnal.gov:88
>         kdc = krb-pilot-3.fnal.gov:88
>         kdc = krb-pilot-4.fnal.gov:88
>         kdc = krb-pilot-5.fnal.gov:88
>         admin_server = krb-pilot-admin.fnal.gov
>         default_domain = fnal.gov
> #        auth_to_local = RULE:[1:$1@$0](.*@FNAL\.GOV)[log in to unmask]*//
>         auth_to_local = DEFAULT
>     }
>     FNAL.GOV = {
>         kdc = krb-fnal-1.fnal.gov:88
>         kdc = krb-fnal-2.fnal.gov:88
>         kdc = krb-fnal-3.fnal.gov:88
>         kdc = krb-fnal-4.fnal.gov:88
>         kdc = krb-fnal-5.fnal.gov:88
>         kdc = krb-fnal-6.fnal.gov:88
>         admin_server = krb-fnal-admin.fnal.gov
>         default_domain = fnal.gov
> #        auth_to_local = RULE:[1:$1@$0](.*@PILOT\.FNAL\.GOV)[log in to unmask]*//
>         auth_to_local = DEFAULT
>     }
>     WIN.FNAL.GOV = {
>         kdc = newpckits.fnal.gov:88
>         admin_server = newpckits.fnal.gov
>         default_domain = fnal.gov
>     }
>
> [instancemapping]
>     afs = {
>         cron/* = ""
>         cms/* = ""
>     }
>
> [domain_realm]
>     .minos-soudan.org = FNAL.GOV
>     d-002577dcg.dhcp.fnal.gov = FNAL.GOV
>     fsus01.fnal.gov = FNAL.GOV
>     fsus03.fnal.gov = FNAL.GOV
>     fsus04.fnal.gov = FNAL.GOV
>     c243580-a.wheaton1.il.home.com = FNAL.GOV
>
> # The whole "top half" is replaced during "ups installAsRoot krb5conf", so:
> # It would probably be a bad idea to change anything on or above this line
>
> # If you need to add any .domains or hosts, put them here
> [domain_realm]
> [...]

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468