SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2006

From:
Robert Boehm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Boehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:27:52 -0600
Jaroslaw Polok wrote:
> Hi
>

>>(Most) ATrpms libraries have been repackaged in such a way that
>>different major lib versions can coexist, so when a repo upgrades
>>libfoo from libfoo.so.2 to libfoo.so.3 no conflicts arise. That has
>>been quite some help in improving interrepo compatibility.
>

> That's what I thought ... thanks for confirmation...
>

>>Bottom line: If there appear any conflicts (not only between the two
>>mentioned repos, but in general), just let both sides know.
>

> Since you ask ;-):
>
> I've got a question about ATrpms: [snip...continued]

I am very glad that I asked the original question as it is clearing a whole
lot up and also sparking some more conversation.  I appreciate
the replies...and also look forward to the continuing discussion.

My plan is to just continue to use yum and "keep things simple"...
I have used apt in the past and find it also nice....I also use
YaST in SUSE and find that nice....I am also watching SMART
and see a lot in that...

But I use ONE and only ONE method for an installation so for me
it's just a matter of finding the correct combination of repositories and
living happily ever after!!!

Bob

--

Tonight's the night: Sleep in a eucalyptus tree.