SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2006

From:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 20:57:06 +0100
Hi

> (Most) ATrpms libraries have been repackaged in such a way that
> different major lib versions can coexist, so when a repo upgrades
> libfoo from libfoo.so.2 to libfoo.so.3 no conflicts arise. That has
> been quite some help in improving interrepo compatibility.

That's what I thought ... thanks for confirmation...

> Bottom line: If there appear any conflicts (not only between the two
> mentioned repos, but in general), just let both sides know.

Since you ask ;-):

I've got a question about ATrpms:

Why are you providing also updates of packages which are
in the base distribution (either FC or RH) ?:

for example:

zlib ?
xorg-x11 ?
libtool ?
(... etc ...)

changelog of above does not give any hint why have you
rebuilt these ?
Do these differ from ones released by RH/FC ?

Giving the unablity of yum to setup repository
preference and at the same time importance of strict
RHEL compatibility at which many of Scientific Linux
users aim ...

This could be potentially a problem .. I believe ?

Cheers

Jarek

__
_ Jaroslaw_Polok ___________________ CERN - IT/FIO/LA _