SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2006

From:
Luke Scharf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luke Scharf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 18:39:59 -0500
I've set up my nifty-new syslog server.  However, logwatch just isn't
cutting it since it stips off the hostname of the machine for each item
it reports.

Does anyone have any recommendation for log-analysis software where you
have 20 machines dumping syslog data into one?  (I may have as many as
130 machines at some point; the Windows syslog service on sourceforge
looks intriguing.)

Thanks,
-Luke

--
Luke Scharf, Systems Administrator
Virginia Tech Aerospace and Ocean Engineering