SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2006

From:
Robert Boehm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Boehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:51:09 -0600
HI folks...

This might be a VERY stupid question, and one that maybe might
be more directed a Troy....as I have been helping a friend get going
with Scientific LInux Fermi since she works there....done with that
project...I would like to use Scientific Linux...I'll grab a copy of 4.2
from the ftp's.

As I'm still "helping" my friend, I would like to know what I think that
I know...and that would be this:  Is Scientific Linux Fermi EXACTLY
Scientific Linux but just with the Fermi-specific stuff added, like the
Kerberos policies and workgroups added (and also the yum repo's
set for the updates for it rather than SL)?

If I am working in Scientific Linux....is everything I do DIRECTLY
transferable
to Scientific Linux Fermi (so that I can still "look into" her system as
I do
now with this install of Fermi?)  Since I'm a generic user and DON'T work
at Fermi, I would rather run the more generic distro...so Troy, am I
correct in my assumptions?

Thanks a lot!  This is a super-stable distribution, folks..there is
really something
to be said for that....even if there is newer stuff out there...

Bob
--

Sent on Scientific Linux Fermi 4.1 running on
testcomputer.home 2.6.9-22.0.1.EL GNU/Linux

VIRUS SIGNATURE FILES
SIGN.DEF created 2 January 2006
SIGN2.DEF created 2 January 2006
MACRO.DEF created 22 December 2005