SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2006

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:44:06 +0000
RHSA-2006:0140-9 is listed as Important: kernel security update and was
released on the 19th.  A similar one was released for the Vendor's 4
RHSA-2006:0101-9 Important: kernel security update on the 17th (not that I
have any production SL4 systems yet so I don't care so much about that
myself).

I've not seen any SL errata yet.  Does this mean that there has been some
problem observed during testing or is it just a lack of people to do the
building or able/willing to test them?

Is there anything I can offer to do to help at all?  I'll be building my
own versions if there arn't official ones from SL (I don't have many days
on which I can apply updates which require reboots and don't want to wait
too long for these)...

  -- Jon