SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2005

From:
John Hearns <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:41:07 +0000
On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 16:21 +0100, Bruce Becker wrote:
> Hi
>
> If I understand it properly, you have several disks in several
> machines, right ? I wonder if you shouldn't create a RAID'ed
> filesystem per node and then integrate them into PVFS ?
>
> Otherwise, if you have time on your hands, you might look at
> clusterRAID, from uni-heidelberg
> http://www.kip.uni-heidelberg.de/ti/ClusterRAID/
>
> This is a highly stable, distributed, redundant file system using endb...
Bruce,
 this looks interesting. I cannot see a good overview on the site
though. I'm familiar with using drbd  http://www.drbd.org
At first look this seems to be using a similar endb network block device
to have RAID 5 storage with the drives being located on different
machines on the network. Maybe I have picked this up wrong.

Also the 'precise accounting patch' is available for 2.6.7
Is this necessary for using the filesystem?