SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2005

From:
Robert Boehm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Boehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:30:20 -0600
Folks...I want to thank all of you for so much help.  I have all of the
tools
that I need now, however I haven't gotten to the project.  I'll start
tonight..
and if successful, I'll let all of you know.

I am planning to  RUN memtest86 just to "make sure" that the memory is
OK...I already made a boot CD.

I'm going to install the INTEL drivers first....see if they are OK....
I'm going to run 915resolution to at least get my BIOS readings so
that I can match a mode with something that I'll write into the xorg config
file...I KNOW that I'll find a good combination...I just haven't fount
it yet...
but with all of the information that I have now, I can't see it NOT working.

Anyway, thanks, everyone...

Bob Boehm
--

Chicago Transit Authority Rider's Rule #36:
	Never ever ask the tough looking gentleman wearing El Rukn