SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2005

From:
Robert Boehm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Boehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 14:41:33 -0600
Thanks, everyone for all of the suggestions.  I'm offsite now and can't get
back to the thing until tomorrow, but will try the new drivers and some more
xorg.configurations.....and thanks for the example xorg.config file...I
will try
some of those....however, I don't see any modelines or screen modes in
there...
I would have to either add those...or maybe it will work without
them....don't know
for sure....

It sure would be nice to get this video going on this thing.....right
now it's just a wonderfully
fast command-line system!
--

First, a few words about tools.

Basically, a tool is an object that enables you to take advantage of
the laws of physics and mechanics in such a way that you can seriously
injure yourself.  Today, people tend to take tools for granted.  If
you're ever walking down the street and you notice some people who look
particularly smug, the odds are that they are taking tools for
granted.  If I were you, I'd walk right up and smack them in the face.
		-- Dave Barry, "The Taming of the Screw"