SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2005

From:
"Steven J. Yellin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven J. Yellin
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:22:57 -0800
ftp://linux.fnal.gov/linux/lts4x/i386/SL.documentation/RELEASE-NOTES-U1-x86-en
says about SL4.1:

"
   The ext2 and ext3 filesystems have an internal limit of 8 TB.  Devices
   up to this limit have been tested.
"

   Whoever tested a device up to the limit of 8 TB might have been able to
make a partition that big.  But one may also put a file system on an
unpartitioned disk.
   There's a limit on the size of md software raid for individual members:

"
   The maximum size disk that can be a member of an md software RAID
   set is 2 TB. The md RAID device itself can be larger than 2 TB.
   Devices have been tested up to 8 TB.
"

Steven Yellin