SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2005

From:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 21:20:45 +0200
John Franks wrote:
> The output above is further evidence that you have encountered the
> selinux-policy-targeted bug.  The rpms cited by Troy and by me are
> redhat's fix for this problem and will (if we judge by path name) be a
> part of RHEL4 U3.  I have been using them on a half dozen computers for
> a few days now without problem.
>
> Reverting to previous SELinux rpm might work or might cause more
> problems than you already have.  I would be reluctant to try it
> especially when there is a (purported) fix from redhat.  The one
> potential glitch is if you depend on modifications made by the SL team
> to selinux-policy-targeted, in which case you would need to wait for
> something in contrib or errata.
>
> Of course you can always disable SELinux while you wait.

As I just mentioned in another email of mine, I reverted to the SL 4.1 selinux-policy rpm
file, via the procedure I mentioned there (which must be followed precisely and produces
no error messages), and now anything works very fine in my PC. The migration has been
transparent. I do not know what may happen in a different configuration than mine, however
I am happy that I am moving inside the standard limits of SL (official 4.1 rpm).