SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2005

From:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 18:57:08 +0200
Troy Dawson wrote:
> Hello,
> I bet you are running into the same problem that John Franks ran into.
> Basically RedHat tightened up SELinux and broke alot of things that used
> to work.
>
> Try downloading and installing the rpm's from here
> ftp://people.redhat.com/dwalsh/SELinux/RHEL4/u3/i386/
> ftp://people.redhat.com/dwalsh/SELinux/RHEL4/u3/noarch/
>
> and let us know if it fixes the problem or not.
>
> These will soon be in the contrib section, but they arn't there yet.
> Given enough testing they will make it into the errata area.

I consider my system a "production machine" in the sense that I have placed much work on
it, and aim to stability. :-)

However I came across this:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/nahant-list/2005-November/msg00133.html

and when I try to run [Preferences::Removable Storage] under GNOME, I get an error message
!, screenshots of which I am sending attached. I will deal with it tomorrow, and see what
happens.

I hope the situation doesn't get any more worse.