SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:48:07 -0600
Hi,
Thank you for reporting the bug, and the fix.

We'll have to figure out what to do with this, because I'm betting that
this is going to come up again and again.
One thing we'll have to look at is how these affect the AFS fixes in the
same rpm's.  Maybe they already have the AFS fixes in them, I haven't
looked yet.

At the very least we'll get them into the contrib area and put some
notes somewhere.  At least while we're testing.  (Now that I've gotten
the contrib scripts working I can say that actually believing that I'll
do it)

Troy

John Franks wrote:
> I have done a little research.  This seems to be a widespread problem.
> It appears on redhat lists and centos lists and bugzilla.
>
> The most useful thing I found is
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2005-
> October/msg00114.html
>
> Following the suggestions there I downloaded
> policycoreutils-1.18.1-4.9.i386.rpm and
> selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.120.noarch.rpm
>
> from
>
> ftp://people.redhat.com/dwalsh/SELinux/RHEL4/u3/
>
> This seems to have fixed the problem. However, I note that the SL team
> have made some modifications to selinux-policy-targeted which, of
> course, won't be in this version.  I don't think these changes are
> relevant for me, but YMMV.
>

> On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 18:35 -0600, John Franks wrote:
>
>>I am getting the following error message about every 2  minutes since
>>upgrading to 4.2.  Also usb drives are not automatically mounted and
>>displayed on the desktop when inserted.  Both of these problems cease if
>>I stop using selinux.
>>
>>Shutting down auditd and rebooting with audit=0 does not help.
>>
>>Any suggestions?

>>Dec  3 17:31:44 hopf dbus: Can't send to audit system: USER_AVC
>>pid=2536 uid=81 loginuid=-1 message=avc:  denied  { send_msg }
>>for  scontext=user_u:system_r:unconfined_t tcontext=user_u:system_r:initrc_t
>>tclass=dbus

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468