SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2005

Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:38:45 -0600
I second Jon.  Try 'dig <your-server-name>'

At the bottom of the output will be the DNS server that responded.  I also
don't know of any other caches that might cache this information other
than the ones already mentioned.

Another thing you can try to "strace nslookup <your-server-name>".  This
should also indicated how the resolver was called.  It should open
/etc/resolv.conf, then open a socket to the nameserver to get the
information.  If it does anything else, well, that's your answer.

Ken