SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2005

From:
Kevin Byun <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Byun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:47:10 -0700
This is like really basic question that you can possibly get from this news
group and here it is:

1. In order to install the driver, I need to exit the X server and kill all
OpenGL application.  Does this mean that I have to exit the default login
screen too when the computer first boots?  And how do I go about it?

2. I need to set the dafualt run level on my system such that it will boot
to a VGA console, and not directly to X.  How do I do this?

I thank you all in advance for helping out a newbie to the Linux world.
Thanks.

Kevin