SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2005

From:
Kuo Kan Liang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kuo Kan Liang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 00:54:26 +0800
Dear all,

Most of the webpages I found was written in Chinese, but now I found a
German webpage
and an Australian webpage:
http://www.idealo.de/suchen/3020-pc-systeme-amd-sempron-2600-64bit.html
http://www.shopbot.com.au/p-15536-216788.html
But these do not prove that I have a 64bit Semperon.
The strongest proof is from Troy: I did install SL x86_64 on it
successfully.
I did not know that SL x86_64 does not work on 32bit AMD CPUs. 8)

Right now, I myself think that it is indeed the network speed problem
like Troy said.
tkcvs is slow when the network is slow because when they show the
contents of a directory
(they need to show the content of my home directory when starting up)
they check the CVS repository to confirm the status of the CVS
controlled files/directories.
Well this is understandable, but ideally all the other widgets like
buttons, menu and arts
should come out first, and only the contents of the directory come out late.
In the case of tkcvs, all the widgets came out very slowly.:

Best regards,
Kuo Kan Liang