SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2005

From:
Robert Boehm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Boehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:23:16 -0600
Kuo Kan Liang wrote:
> Dear Bob,
>
> The question is not stupid. However, I have searched the webpage before
> I install SL
> and found that AMD Sempron 2600+ is a 64bit CPU....
> I think AMD Sempron 2600 (without +) is a 32bit CPU indeed.
>
> I don't really know the names of these CPU, actually.
> The story is that I have a fixed amount of money and I ask the company
> to give me the
> best CPU I can buy so they decide that SPN2600+ with 512MB ram is the
> best I can buy.
> Then I started to figure out what version of SL I should install...
> I do not know whether this "64bit" in the webpage only means that it can
> work with
> 64bit address space like xeon EM64T....

WOW, forgive my ignorance...it does indeed look like some of the
Semptrons can run in 64bit mode...sorry.

> Thanks a lot and I look forward to your further input.
>
> Best regards,
> Kuo Kan LIANG
>
> Robert Boehm wrote:
>

>>Kuo Kan Liang wrote:
>>

>>>Dear SL users,
>>>
>>>Recently I bought a computer with AMD Sempron 2600+ CPU on ASUS K8V-MX
>>>motherboard.
>>>I installed SL 4.1 x86_64 on it without doing any yum afterwards.
>>>
>>>The problem I encounter now is that I installed tkcvs 7.2.4, but when I
>>>
>>>Thanks for the input in advance.

I am at a loss as to why this is so slow...I'm hoping that someone
will step in with an idea, and that this can get corrected.
Sorry that I don't have an answer for you right now..

--

Boren's Laws:
	(1) When in charge, ponder.