SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2005

From:
Kuo Kan Liang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kuo Kan Liang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:31:43 +0800
Dear Bob,

The question is not stupid. However, I have searched the webpage before
I install SL
and found that AMD Sempron 2600+ is a 64bit CPU....
I think AMD Sempron 2600 (without +) is a 32bit CPU indeed.

I don't really know the names of these CPU, actually.
The story is that I have a fixed amount of money and I ask the company
to give me the
best CPU I can buy so they decide that SPN2600+ with 512MB ram is the
best I can buy.
Then I started to figure out what version of SL I should install...
I do not know whether this "64bit" in the webpage only means that it can
work with
64bit address space like xeon EM64T....

Thanks a lot and I look forward to your further input.

Best regards,
Kuo Kan LIANG