SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

December 2005

From:
Jan Iven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:54:30 +0100
On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 13:58 -0600, Connie Sieh wrote:
> Maarten,
>
> I thought that CERN was going to build one.

We have tried, but had to resort asking the maintainer for help.
However, CERN officially stopped most of CERNLIB support so this takes a
lot more time than we initially thought.

> -Connie Sieh
> On Sat, 3 Dec
> 2005, Maarten Ballintijn wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been looking for a CERNLIB rpm for SL / x86_64,
> > has anyone created one? It would be really great to have
> > a true "src" rpm that builds properly for i386 and x86_64.

I agree. My last attempts can be found
in /afs/cern.ch/project/linux/dev/CERNLIB/
maybe these give you a starting point. However, the number of patches is
problematic already. The .spec file has a number of other resources at
the beginning.

> > Thanks for any info and pointers. I might have a go at it
> > myself if none is available, but that probably is going to
> > be quite some work.

64bit support is problematic by itself as far as I understand it.

regards
Jan