SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ANNOUNCE Archives

December 2005

SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ANNOUNCE@LISTSERV.FNAL.GOV

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:04:58 -0600
Troy Dawson wrote:
> Hello,
> This is just to inform everyone that there will be a scheduled downtime
> of ftp.scientificlinux.org, and rsync.scientificlinux.org at
>
> 08:30 a.m. CST on 15 December 2005
>
> They should be up by 09:00 a.m.
>
> Thank You
> Troy Dawson

Both machines came back at 9:45 CST and are now working good.

In real time that is "15 minutes ago"

Sorry about that being longer than anticipated.  Had two problems.
The GFS upgrade to S.L. 4.2 had to be a whole cluster at a time, none of
this do one machine and see if it works.  So I wasn't able to really
test if it was going to work on a spare machine.
And the real problem ended up being, that ReHat's little tweaks to SE
Linux didn't just affect AFS, they also affected GFS.  Isn't that
special.  They basically cut their own file system off at the knees.

Thanks for your patience.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468