SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:49:24 -0600
Mitja Mihelic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm new to the mailing list, please don't hate me for asking somtehing
> that was probaly already posted.
> Can someone tell me (or direct to an aswer) what the individual yum
> repositoies contain:
> [sl-base] - I know this one
The main rpm's that were released with the release.  Basically the same
rpm's that you would have on the CD-Rom
> [sl-errata]
The security packages that have been updated.  Note: Only the security
rpm's, not anything extra.
> [errata-SL bugfixes]
This is new ... and if that's the name, I need to fix it to something
like sl-bugfixes.  This is the bugfixes that RedHat has released, and
they release them at each update.  We put them in this repository so
that people can upgrade bugfixes if they wish.
> [sl-contrib]
Contributions that people have made that are not part of the release.
(We don't put them in the release either because of conflicts, or
because we arn't sure if we are able to support them for too long, or
because we are still trying them out.)
> [rhaps]
RedHat Aplication Server - that they released going along with Enterprise 3
> [rhaps2]
RedHat Application Server - that they released going along with Enterprise 4

The RHAPS suite (both of them) were actually released precompiled, even
in an CD-ROM iso file.  So you can actually download it straight from
RedHat.  We just put it here so people can easily access it.

> I'm mostly interested in the difference between RHAPS and RHAPS2.
>
> Thank you,
> Mitja

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468