SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2005

From:
Tom Rockwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:02:02 -0500
Hi,

I have an old pentium 233 MHz laptop with 64MB RAM that I'd like to use
for mainly for serial console access, ssh, light web surfing, and as an
X display.  Can somebody recommend a distro that is derived from Redhat
or Fedora (so management will be similair to SL distros) but that
provides a lighter weight desktop than KDE or Gnome and can run with the
lower performance and memory capacity that a 7 year old laptop provides?

Thanks,
Tom Rockwell