SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2005

From:
"Alan J. Flavell" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan J. Flavell
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:34:40 +0000
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Connie Sieh wrote:

> Texas Instruments is no better.  There is only a windows driver for
> that too.  So your only hope is if ndiswrapper supports TI.

The TI chipset based cards which I have tried (cheap unbranded cards
with a pciid of 104c:9066) work fine with ndiswrapper in SL3.0.3; but
(as previously discussed on this list) the drivers hang the regular
SL4 kernels, apparently this is due to the kernels having been built
with the 4KSTACKS option.  I got no further with that since the last
discussions I posted here, nearly a month back.

> http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/List#L

Seems to be the same pciid as the unbranded one that I'm discussing,
so it looks hopeful for SL3.*, anyway.

(As a side remark, I've recently found that the driver that I'm using
for the TI chipset cards runs in FCC mode, and I can't yet find how to
set ETSI mode, so they can't see the additional channels 12 and 13
that are available in Europe.  I had no problem fixing that with the
driver for the rt2500 chipset cards, since the country/region code was
clearly visible in the .INI file and I was able to edit that before
doing the "ndiswrapper -i" to install the driver; but with these TI
cards I seem to be stuck.)

hope that's useful to somebody.  I'm currently using ndiswrapper 1.4,
by the way, built from source.  The previous successful version for me
was 1.1.