SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:45:05 -0600
Hello,
With the new kernel that came out, came the various GFS and Cluster
kernel modules that go along with a kernel upgrade.

The problem is, that we arn't positive that we can just put them out.
This is because dlm changed with Update 2, and that dlm is not
compatible with the dlm from Update 1.
But that doesn't mean that the kernel modules are incompatible.  We have
tested and found that the new dlm kernel module  (and cman, GFS, and
gndb) updates fine, with the dlm from Update 1.  BUT ... that doesn't
mean that it actually works.

Could someone who is using GFS and the dlm locking system, please test
an update of the new kernel modules, using the old dlm.

The new updates are available at

ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/test/4x/

Many thanks

Troy

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468